Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another Saturday in the office

It was another normal Saturday. Hiking at 9am. Continuation of argument with the mother about non-payment of insurance premium.

To the office at 1pm. Doing administrative sheez for 5 hours. I love this admin work, so brain dead. Drafting replies to frivolous applications filed by a judgment debtor. This has been life for over a year and a half. I always rant that it is crap, crap, crap - but I have learnt so much.

Things I have missed out:

i) Not being able to leave the office with peace of mind;
ii) Unable to make impromptu decisions;
iii) rarely being able to take leave for fear that something in some file will explode and expose me to more sheez
iv) never going home at sharp 5.30pm.
v) almost always eating dinner in the office

My worst regret:
i) procrastinating - because after awhile, I disliked doing the same sheez. If I finished it, more sheez got dumped on me;
ii) no quality - I did not spend the amount of dedicated hours each file deserved. It was always hit and run. The file would be left injured, bleeding and would be on permanent life support.
iii) not reading enough and not having time for myself. Just time to reflect.
iv) not enough time for any volunteer work in church or elsewhr.

Time to change that. So goodbye job. It was nice knowing you.

Love and sunshine, my sustenance in the coming months.

1 comment:

cass said...

Good to know what you've been up to. Do write more often.