Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas time

Work Work work! That's all I have done since I got admitted and came back from Perth. Oh, I have also almost gotten a matter struck out, forgotten deadlines, irritated my boss some, and had sleepless nights when the appeal was going on.


Christmas time this year is hurried. Work work work has consumed my time again. Even I sound boring. But sometimes work is an island. A wall I can build around myself to escape reality. Where you escape from having those meaningless arguments with your parents, when you allow life to get complicated beyond your control and then it hurts..you can always bury yourself in work, til you're numb to everything else. Its great you know, to have this haven of escape.

I have new year resolutions: -

1. To keep the friends I have and to nurture the friendships that I have
2. To be dilligent and not procrastinate
3. To balance work with other things e.g. church, social life and family life
4. To be satisfied with whatever life gives me, but motivated to achieve the best

Blog posts are closed til 2010. Merry Christmas, and go bury your nose in someone else's blog.

2 comments:

cass said...

Life can treat you with lollipops or a sudden slap of ash filled clouds when you're least expecting. So that writer's block is really coming from you treating life as 'same old same old' rather than meeting the day with relish! Wondering what new things you learnt or what thing you normally wouldn't do in a day that you did that gives your day that twist it has which would then show up in your writings. Just my two pence.

Ashes said...

wow. you have made me rethink how i look at everyday. it is the "same old, same old" mentality