Monday, November 12, 2007

The sins of an idle mind

Have u ever felt numb towards anything or anyone or just NUMB. No feelings, nothing u can put ur finger on and name? Why do we like to name things or find an explanation to some phenomenon occuring in our lives? A study on philosophy would tell us that humans as rational beings love to indulge in the art of generating theories about different phenomenons whether normal or extraterrestial. Hence the ability to determine the current emotional state of your very being.

I have recently discovered my ability to feel numb towards certain classes of people. Its weird, I may not even shed tears at their funeral.. coz I am numb. Tears signify sadness, or anger or guilt. Or maybe happiness. But being happy at someone's expense.. even the dead is too morbid! Ewwww!!!

So one of the sins of an idle mind is the ability to feel numb. I only discovered I had the ability to feel numb, when I was idle and had nothing better to think of. I could put a name to my emotion - numb! Amazing!

Another sin is to indulge in fantasy. Like being rescued by a knight in shining armour. Or being so curvy, that it would only be safe to travel in a bullet-proof car, lest all the blondes scream and hound my shadows.

What other sins of an idle mind can I address? This list will become longer with experience.

1 comment:

Crankster said...

Being rescued by a knight in shining armour?? Your fantasies are bizarrely outdated.

You need counselling.