Sunday, November 11, 2007

The paper chase

The paper chase has derived its name not from the noble efforts of people trying to recycle and save the planet for the next generation, but otherwise from the ones who go about creating more trash in the form of exam notes, test scripts and academic certs.

The boom of the new generation of paper chasers has been encouraged along by the sprouting of new institutions of higher learning with various piss courses with just about any major one can think of. There may even be a major, focusing on the evolution of a soap bubble.

Why do people want certs after certs, pouring millions into this industry.. when in actual fact they will be joining the rat race and slogging hard on unrelated fields in the future. It seems like a waste of time, spending hours poring over textbooks and getting practical training in something u're least likely to be doing when u hit the working world.

Its ironic.. but isn't life ironic??

I'm into paper chasing. And I don't know whether paper chasing is in my genes, or whether I am getting myself into fields I am obsessed about, then decide against upon completion, or just whether I want to remain a professional student all my life.

You bet your holey socks, if they paid bigtime for professional students, I'd be the first to apply.
Til then, I am gonna complete this last paper chase and lie low for awhile til the bug bites again. Then its masters in I dunno wut :p

No comments: